- Oh no. No way. It can't be him...it can't be Hal Jordan.
- -- Kyle Rayner
Appearing in "Future Shock, Part 2"
- Cary Wren
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Guardians of the Universe (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern Corps (Flashback only)
- Parallax (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Future Shock, Part 2"
Ganthet, a member of the Guardians of the Universe, has given the ring of Kyle Rayner to Cary Wren - a woman who lives in the streets. Actually, Cary Wren is a descendant of Kyle Rayner and, thus, she is able to tap into the power of the ring and becomes the new Green Lantern
Meanwhile, Kyle Rayner endures the questioning of Tomar Ro who is the leader of this era's evil Green Lantern Corps. Kyle cannot give him an answer regarding the whereabouts of his ring. At least he finds out that the power rings of the Corps members are of very limited nature and are based on an energy siphon on board of the space station. Kyle is not totally powerless himself and he uses his close-combat fighting skills to escape, but he has to leave the captured members of the Legion of Super-Heroes behind. But then Cary Wren and other Legion members arrive and begin to fight the Green Lantern Corps. In the end, Kyle manages to destroy the energy source of the Corps' power rings and, thus, the villains get defeated.
After Kyle got his ring back from Cary, Brainiac 5 prepares to send the Green Lantern back into his present. But again, Kyle does not end up where he would like to. Instead he finds himself on a planet which is not Earth and he watches as Hal Jordan fights Sinestro ...
- This story is reprinted in the trade paperback Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 99 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 3 99
Links and References
- No external links.