"The Alpha Lanterns (Part II)": Hal Jordan and John Stewart pick up an energy signal from a Yellow Power Ring. They track it to Arkham Asylum just as the ring is preparing to indoctrinate the [[Jonathan Crane (New Earth)|Scarecr
- In days of peace, in nights of war, obey the laws forever more. Misconduct must be answered for, swear us the Chosen - the Alpha Corps!
Appearing in "The Alpha Lanterns (Part II)"
- Alpha Lantern Corps (First appearance)
- Green Lantern Corps
- Guardians of the Universe
- Amon Sur (Deceased)
- Gotham County
- Sector 650
- Varva (Flashback only)
- Alpha Lantern Power Battery (First appearance)
- Green Lantern Power Battery
- Green Lantern Ring
- Yellow Power Ring
Synopsis for "The Alpha Lanterns (Part II)"
Hal Jordan and John Stewart pick up an energy signal from a Yellow Power Ring. They track it to Arkham Asylum just as the ring is preparing to indoctrinate the Scarecrow into the Sinestro Corps. They capture the ring and bring it back to Oa.
At the Oan Citadel, the Green Lantern Corps conduct an investigation into the death of Amon Sur, son of Hal's predecessor Abin Sur. Laira confesses to murdering Sur on Varva and defends her act by citing that it was justice for Amon's wanton slaughter of former Green Lantern Ke'Haan's people. Enraged, Laira uses her ring to incinerate Amon's remains. The Guardians of the Universe enter the chamber and suspend Laira from active service. She is to be imprisoned and await trial. Laira rejects the Guardians' decision and fights back.
The Guardians announce that they are establishing a new detachment of the Green Lantern Corps, the function of which will be to enforce the new laws of the Book of Oa, and to police the greater GL Corps. This detachment is known as the Alpha Lantern Corps. The Guardians select six Green Lanterns to serve as officers in the Alpha Lantern Corps - Boodikka, Chaselon, Green Man, John Stewart, Kraken and Varix. All but John Stewart accept the offer. In order to serve at optimum capacity, the neophyte members of the Alpha Lantern Corps undergo radical cosmetic surgery. They emerge as examples of the best elements of the various military outfits the Guardians have created over the years, including the Manhunters. Their first task is to secure the former Green Lantern, Laira.
- This issue is a Sinestro Corps War epilogue.
- The creative team from this issue give special thanks to Grant Morrison for creating the Alpha Lantern Corps.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 4 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 4 27
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Red Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Sinestro (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
War of Light Crossover