""The Alpha-Lanterns (Part III)"": On the planet Ysmault, a prisoner named Atrocitus kills a fellow prisoner named Qull. Declaring revenge against his jailer Sinestro, Atrocitus becomes the first member of the Red Lantern Corps.
- After my father's shame, the Corps is the only honor I have left. You can't take it away!
- -- Laira
Appearing in "The Alpha-Lanterns (Part III)"
- Green Lantern Corps (Flashback and main story)
- Hannu's starship
Synopsis for "The Alpha-Lanterns (Part III)"
On the planet Ysmault, a prisoner named Atrocitus kills a fellow prisoner named Qull. Declaring revenge against his jailer Sinestro, Atrocitus becomes the first member of the Red Lantern Corps.
Meanwhile back on Oa, the trial of Laira is underway. Malet Dasim acts as prosecutor and uses evidence from Laira's ring log to demonstrate that she acted beyond the mandate of the Ten New Laws of the Book of Oa by murdering Amon Sur. The Alpha Lantern Corps are present and pronounce her guilty. She is stripped of her ring and rank.
After the trial, the Guardians create the second of the Ten New Laws; this one enables a Green Lantern to use lethal force against any foe of the Green Lantern Corps, not just against members of the Sinestro Corps. Hal grows uneasy with the way things are developing. He visits Sinestro's Sciencell and Sinestro smugly tells him that the Guardians are behaving exactly as he predicted they would. Their fear of the prophecied "Blackest Night" is causing them to resort to drastic, and possibly questionable actions.
In the binary universe of the Controllers, they discuss their constant failures to create a means to control the universe. One believes that their failures are due to lacking a power source similar to the Central Power Battery of Oa. They agree to "locate the orange light". Meanwhile, the Scarred Guardian returns to Oa to warn the Guardians of Agent Orange's actions.
Later, Hannu pilots a starship to bring Laira back to her home world in Sector 112. Suddenly, an ear-piercing shriek tears through the ship causing Laira and Hannu to double over in pain. When Laira looks up, she finds a red power ring floating before her. Sensing great rage in her heart, the ring forcibly attaches itself to her finger. Her costume changes into that of a Red Lantern.
- This issue is a "Sinestro Corps War" epilogue.
- This issue gives special thanks to Kris Justice and Grant Morrison.
- Includes DC Nation editorial #102 by Rachel Gluckstern. Rachel discusses the upcoming DC Super Friends title published under DC's Johnny DC imprint.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 4 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 4 28
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Great Book of Oa
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Shrine
- Emerald Dawn Main Page
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Green Lantern (Volume 4) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe