"War of the Green Lanterns Prologue": One billion years ago, Ganthet and the Guardians stop Krona from witnessing the birth of the universe.
- Emotions are dangerous. Maybe they should be controlled somehow.
Appearing in "War of the Green Lanterns Prologue"
- Guardians of the Universe (Flashback and main story)
- Ganthet (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern Corps (Origin)
- Book of the Black
- Indigo Power Ring
- Green Lantern Ring (Origin)
- Green Lantern Power Battery
- Blue Lantern Ring
- Orange Lantern Ring
- Red Power Ring
- Star Sapphire Ring
- Yellow Power Ring
Synopsis for "War of the Green Lanterns Prologue"
One billion years ago, Ganthet and the Guardians stop Krona from witnessing the birth of the universe.
In the present, the Guardians conclude that law and emotion cannot coexist without conflict. Like Sinestro, Atrocitus and Larfleze, Hal Jordan's behavior is beginning to disturb the Guardians.
Meanwhile, Hal and the other ringbearers realize that the Predator is the only entity not captured by Krona. Suddenly, Carol Ferris is thrown by an energy blast into Hal's arms. Carol tells him that the Predator has been captured. Sinestro also appears, upset by the recent events.
The Guardians order Salaak to lead a squad of Lanterns to arrest Hal for treason. The Guardians says that they will not tolerate any insubordination from any Lantern.
Hal and the others reach Ryut, where Krona is supposed to be located in. There, the New Guardians find the Book of the Black. The Book of the Black opens and reveals its fourth chapter, the history of Krona. According to verse six, the Manhunters pursued Krona, who used a gauntlet with the power of the green light to deactivate them. Then he reprogrammed them and made them attack Ryut. The Guardians captured Krona and confiscated his power gauntlet.
As verse six ends, the Book of the Black releases the New Guardians from their chains. A new verse begins: "There will be only three."
- On the page with all the pillars of Lantern symbols around the Book of the Black, the Blue Lantern symbol is drawn upside-down.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 4 63 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Great Book of Oa
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Shrine
- Emerald Dawn Main Page
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes
Brightest Day Crossover