Green Man was the adopted name of the Green Lantern designated to Sector 2828 by the Green Lantern Corps. Uxorians frowned upon individuality, and in Green Man’s own words, “On Uxor, all are one.” Green Man was a misfit who rebelled against his society’s anti-individualism mores, and longed for a personal identity. So when the extraterrestrials known as the Guardians of the Universe offered him a position as a member of their Green Lantern Corps, Green Man jumped at the chance. One of the complications of this choice was that Green Man could never again legally enter his home star system, because of the pact the Guardians had with the Psions of Vega, which prohibited the Corps presence in that sector. Although Green Man did enlist the aid of the Omega Men in attacking the nestworld of a group of humanoid arachnids called the Spider Guild a few light years outside the Vega system (for which he was reprimanded by the Guardians), he adhered to the pact more faithfully concerning matters within that system, as when he refused to help Earth Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner find the missing Lantern recruit Soranik Natu, who was traced to Vega.
As a member of the Corps, Green Man encountered many other beings in his adventures, such as the goddess X'Hal, who lived inside the star Vega, the whale-like viathans, the Psions, who performed experiments on Green Man when he was brought to their research center, Wombworld, which was modeled after a DNA strand, the Tamarans, etc.
He was later chosen for the Alpha Lantern Corps, the internal affairs division of the Corps.
- Uxorian Physiology
- Symbiotic Interface: With the enhancements that comes with being a member of the Alpha Lantern Corps, Green Man's mind can automatically interface with the Book of Oa.
- Alpha Lantern Ring
- Green Lantern Ring
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Green Man had an innate individuality not associated with the rest of his race. It is unknown if this personality survived through the Alpha Lantern process.
- 64 Appearances of Green Man (New Earth)
- 14 Images featuring Green Man (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Green Man (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Green Man (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."