Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
History of this race is unknown.
Powers and Abilities
- Martian Physiology
- Extrasensory Input
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing.
- Malleable Form: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Endurance
- Superhuman Strength
Average Strength level
They can lift at least 100 tons.
- Martian Physiology
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human. At times this has been portrayed as physical, psychological, or a combination of the two. The effect of this is to strip any Martian of their powers as they involuntarily lose control of their body.
Habitat: Arid terrain
Gravity: Martians can function in most environments regardless of gravity (even zero gravity environments).
Atmosphere: Green Martians can thrive in most environments. Their shape-changing abilities enable them to alter their body chemistry to adapt to nearly any environmental extreme. Due to their weakness to fire however, Martians are uncomfortable in environments with extremely high surface temperatures.
Population: (Currently) five known
Level of Technology: Their technology is probably more advanced than most standard technology from Earth.
The natives of Mars were a polytheistic culture, worshiping a number of deities. The most famous of these was H'ronmeer, the God of Death and Fire (although some regions referred to him as the God of Life and Light). The telepathic plague of fire which killed nearly all Martians, known as "H'ronmeer's Plague", or "H'ronmeer's Curse", was named in his honor. Despite the name, the plague was actually cultivated by a mortal Martain, the mutant Ma'alefa'ak.
While H'ronmeer was sometimes identified as the God of Life, the true Martian patron of Life was the Goddess C'eridyall.
Another deity was L'zoril, the Lord of Dreams. Due to the Martians' native telepathic abilities, L'zoril was a widely respected and often-feared God. On Earth, L'zoril is better known as Morpheus, or Dream of the Endless.
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, a group of Green Martians abandoned their homeworld to begin life anew on a planet that they named Mars II. The Martians from this world eventually attempted to conquer Earth, but were thwarted by the Martian Manhunter and his allies, the Justice League of America. This group of Martians, as well as Mars II are no longer considered part of canon continuity. 
Links and References