- You see me as I am, intruder. Behold Khafre, lord of the Nile!
- -- Pharoah src
Gregory Griffin was an expert archaeologist and curator of the Egyptian section of the Gotham Metropolitan Museum. He became obsessed with Queen Kara of Egypt to the point where he kidnapped Selina Kyle for her striking resemblace to the dead queen. Griffin became convinced that he was the reincarnation of Khafre the Pharaoh and he took Selina to the tomb of Kara inside the Great Sphinx of Giza. Griffin started a ritual that would kill them both so that they would be together forever in the afterlife, but his madness was stopped by Batman. In the confrontation, Griffin was attacked by desert jackals, who devoured him and left nothing of the crazed man.
After the man's death , Batman theorized that Griffin was victim of the common "mummy's curse", which drove him to insanity.
- This version of Gregory Griffin (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Gregory Griffin (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Gregory Griffin (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Gregory Griffin (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Gregory Griffin (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."