Alfred and Bruce are miles outside of town when their car mysteriously overheats. They go to a nearby boarded-up house to find some water for the radiator. Inside they discover a coffin and a very old sunlamp which Bruce accidently breaks. They split up to search when vampire Gustav Decobra exits the coffin and attacks Bruce who changes to Batman. Batman puts a wooden beam through Gustav's chest but finds that his heart is not where it should be. Batman and Alfred hide in the attic while Batman tells Alfred about Gustav who used to be a doctor who believed that hearts could be transplanted. Batman realizes that he may have surgically moved his heart elsewhere in his body. To find it, Batman decides he will fight Gustav vigorously and listen for his rapid heartbeat. Meanwhile Gustav summons bats to attack them in the attic while he bursts through the door. He heads for Alfred but Batman attacks him. The two fight vigorously but Batman cannot feel a heartbeat. The nearby grandfather clock, however, gets louder as the fight progresses. Batman grabs a wooden bow and arrow and shoots the clock where Gustav had transplanted his heart. Gustav dies and Batman and Alfred leave.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Transferred his heart into a grandfather clock.
- 1 Appearances of Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: