Gustav Decobra was a notorious teacher, physician and scientist during his living days on the 19th Century. He was eventually banned from Cornell Medical School because of his experiments to transplant the human heart. Living in exhile, Decobra continued his experiments by stealing corpses from different graveyards and performing heart transplants on them. Certain night, he stumbled upon the coffin of a vampire and he became the victim of the undead's coven.
As a vampire, Decobra proved his heart transplant experiment was successful when he removed his heart from his own body and placed it inside a grandfather clock in his ancient mansion. The events after this development are unknown, but Decobra was eventually locked in his own coffin and a sunlamp was activated and placed above his coffin, so he couldn't escape without dying.
A century after his human days, Decobra's mansion was found by Bruce Wayne, who accidentally broke the sunlamp, allowing Decobra to escape his coffin trap. Weakened and hungry, Decobra was still a mighty enemy for Batman until the Dark Knight realized the location of Decobra's heart and killed the vampire by shooting an arrow through the grandfather clock.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: Vampires have improved several times higher than those of any human being of course these skills can vary depending on each person they will have some other stronger senses of his companions always given the dedication and training that each set to improve ways. Among the main ways that vampires have improved we find the following:
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Only vampires with a more advanced powers Control demonstrate the ability of altering either its appearance to imitate other people or in such cases selective transformation for creating claws to increase the lethality of its attacks in extreme cases and only vampires with a capacity of very advanced monitoring capabilities such change would show how elements, elasticity and other capabilities which vary depending on their ability, imagination and control, because as you know some vampires are stronger than others.
- Artist Mike Grell based Decobra's appearance on actor Christopher Lee's depiction of Count Dracula in a series of films produced by Hammer Film Productions from 1958-1973.
- 1 Appearances of Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Gustav Decobra (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."