Guy Gardner was chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 after Hal Jordan have abandoned his duties and went off into Frontier Space. However, Hal was not aware of his "replacement" until after he returned to Earth after stopping the Red Lanterns' invasion of Oa and the two Green Lanterns saved a construction worker from a falling crane.
After a brief fight with his predecessor, who didn't exactly like the idea of being replaced, Guy went with Hal to investigate the disappearance of an important scientist. What they found is that the scientist uncovered a group of Manhunters that were only recently re-activated by the Anti-Monitor. After destroying the Manhunters, Guy and Hal had bonded as comrades. Guy agreed to continue watching after Earth as Hal returned to Oa to face his future.
He was later replaced by John Stewart as the Green Lantern of The Sector 2814 after being promoted to the Honor Guard, the fastest such promotion in Corps history.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Green Lantern: The Animated Series and is an adaptation of Guy Gardner. The original character was created by John Broome and Gil Kane and first appeared in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #59.
- Guy Gardner was voiced by Diedrich Bader.
- 3 Appearances of Guy Gardner (Green Lantern Animated Series)
- 2 Images featuring Guy Gardner (Green Lantern Animated Series)
- Quotations by or about Guy Gardner (Green Lantern Animated Series)
- Character Gallery: Guy Gardner (Green Lantern Animated Series)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."