Hal Jordan was a test pilot who was taken to a crash-landed spaceship by an energy beam that surrounded his pilot simulator. The energy beam came from a dying humanoid alien named Abin Sur, who was the protector of space that was Earth's solar system. He passed on his energy ring and power battery to Hal, saying that the ring has power over everything except the color yellow. Hal promised he will use this power for the cause of justice, calling himself Green Lantern. He eventually joined the Super Friends and participated in some of their adventures, taking on a former member of the Green Lantern Corps named Sinestro, who was given a yellow energy ring to counter Hal's green energy ring, and became a member of the Legion of Doom.
- Green Lantern Power Battery: A lantern-shaped power battery which Green Lantern can use to recharge his energy ring.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Super Friends and its tie-in and comic book series. It is an adaptation of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. The original character was created by John Broome and Gil Kane and first appeared in Showcase #22.
- Green Lantern was voiced by Michael Rye.
- 29 Appearances of Hal Jordan (Super Friends)
- 1 Images featuring Hal Jordan (Super Friends)
- Quotations by or about Hal Jordan (Super Friends)
- Character Gallery: Hal Jordan (Super Friends)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.