Hal Lake was a journalist from Gotham City. He gained notoriety for being one of the few media personalities known to expose big criminals with accurate information. When Lake asked for Batman and Robin's assistance, they found that Lake has been using a secret identity as a gangster named Kale in order to infiltrate underground operations and gangs of the city. However, shortly after this discovery, a new masked criminal appeared under the alias of The Jackal, who started a series of spectacular crimes across the city. When the Dynamic Duo captured the man, they discovered that the Jackal was in fact Kale, the secret disguise of Lake. However, when Lake recovered, he couldn't remember anything that he has done and Batman deduced that Lake's alter ego as Kale, developed a split personality as the Jackal. When Baman explained the situation to Lake, he decided to turn into the authorities, but Batman reckoned that instead of going to jail, Lake was most likely going to be assigned to a mental hospital.
- This version of Jackal, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Hal Lake (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Hal Lake (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Hal Lake (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hal Lake (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."