Hamilton Hill was a corrupt political stooge and crony of Gotham City councilman Rupert Thorne. Thorne paved the way for Hill's ascension to the Mayor's office, where he immediately began shaking up the status quo with the removal of James Gordon as Gotham City police commissioner. He appointed Peter Pauling (another Thorne crony) to take his place. Hill's actions earned him the enmity of many, including homicide detective Harvey Bullock. Hill arranged for Bullock to be murdered, but Harvey survived the attack. Hamilton then sought to shatter the public's support of the city's nocturnal vigilante, Batman. He framed Batman for a string of petty rivalries by planting evidence at the crime scenes. Ironically, during this time, the psychotic villain, the Night-Slayer, had briefly assumed the identity of Batman, and began to commit his own crime-spree. The true Batman fought the Night-Slayer, exposing him as an impostor. Shortly thereafter, Hamilton Hill's involvement in the frame-up came to light and he was run out of office. James Gordon was immediately reinstated as police commissioner of Gotham City.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 19 Appearances of Hamilton Hill (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Hamilton Hill (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Hamilton Hill (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hamilton Hill (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."