The eldest Blackhawk, the walrus-mustached Dutchman has seen the most combat of them all and is considered the wise old man of the group. Hans Hendrickson lived in the village of Aikmaanen, Netherlands, until 11 September 1939, when he enlisted in the Dutch army. His wife, Violet, died shortly later, when the Nazis overran Rotterdam.
Hendrickson is an expert with many weapons and a superb marksman. In the late 1960s, Hendy used his skill with weapons to briefly adopt the guise of the Weapons Master, when the team adopted "secret identities". 
By the 1970s, Hendrickson's age had caught up with him and while the rest of the team still went on occasional missions, he lived in virtual retirement on Blackhawk Island.  He suffered an apparent heart attack when his daughter, Elsa, appeared but was still alive when last seen. 
- In ground combat, Hendrickson typically carried a Thompson submachinegun and a semiautomatic sidearm.
- This version of Hendrickson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 152 Appearances of Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)
- 4 Images featuring Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)