Harleen Quinzel entered Gotham State on a gymnastics scholarship, but was never bent on studying. She only wanted to be a pop psychologist, and used her good looks to get on the honor roll. Eventually graduating first of her class, she became an intern at Arkham Asylum. And though Dr. Leland warned her, she fell head over heals for the Joker.
As the Joker's Moll, Harley suffered much from his abuse, and she would often look for comfort with Poison Ivy, who declared her nuts for still following that clown. Ivy found Harley teamed up and conducted a number of successful capers. Ivy remained her usual first point of call when she and The Joker are going through a rough patch. Ivy adopted the role of older sister and teller of harsh truths to Quinn about her helpless infatuation with The Joker.
After several years together, Joker and Harley kidnapped Robin, seeking to make him "Joker Junior". After a fight with Batgirl, she fell into Arkham Canyon, seemingly lost. The Joker was killed in the confrontation with Batman.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Toxic Immunity: During their first adventure together, Poison Ivy gave Harley a serum that made her immune to the toxins that surrounded their base.
- Gymnastics: Harley was a natural gymnast.
- Mental Illness: Joker managed to single handedly break Quinzel's sanity, leading her to take on the persona of Harley Quinn.
Harley would use a variety of gag weapons, including a pogo-stick, a pop-gun, a glove-gun, and a rubber chicken.
- Arleen Sorkin, the voice of Harley Quinn, starred in a soap opera which included a dream sequence where she wore a jester costume. Paul Dini used this scene as an inspiration for the character, writing her specifically so Sorkin could voice the character.
- In Harley Quinn's first appearance, in the early ninties Batman: Animated Series episode Joker's Favor, her sole purpose was to walk into a police banquet with a giant cake. She did not have her trademark costume on for most of the episode, dressing instead as a police officer in a mini skirt.
- In the "Batman" (first series) episode 'Harley's Holiday', it's is revealed that she is not a natural blond..
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Joker's Favor
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Harlequinade
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Harley and Ivy
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Harley's Holiday
- New Batman Adventures Episode: Mad Love
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
- Batman: Harley and Ivy Vol 1
- 70 Appearances of Harleen Quinzel (DCAU)
- 31 Images featuring Harleen Quinzel (DCAU)
- 8 Quotations by or about Harleen Quinzel (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Harleen Quinzel (DCAU)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."