Harold Allnut was originally a henchman for the Penguin, who forced him to construct various doomsday devices. Later, Batman saved Harold and let him live in the Batcave where he formed a friendship with Ace the Bat-Hound and Bruce's butler Alfred Pennyworth.
When Jean-Paul Valley assumed the role of Batman, Harold and Ace were the first to see that he was out of control and they avoided him, hiding deep within the cave. Harold and Alfred helped repair the Batcave after one of Jean-Paul's destructive rampages and he later assisted in the reconstruction of Gotham City during the "No Man's Land" affair.
Some time later, the villain known as Hush bribed Harold into manipulating the Bat-Computer in exchange for a surgical procedure that corrected Harold's voice and stature. Batman soon discovered that Harold had betrayed him, and during the confrontation, Hush used a sniper rifle to shoot Harold in the head, killing him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Mechanical Aptitude: Harold was a veritable genius in the field of automechanics, and proved vital when Batman required repairs on the Batmobile or other technological devices located inside the Batcave.
Harold's inability to speak and physical deformity often projected the idea that he was inept when he was in fact quite brilliant. Although a weakness, this characteristic actually benefited Harold on several occasions, as those around him tended to ignore his presence, enabling Harold to keep to himself, and come and go as he pleased.
- Harold also appears as an Elseworlds character in the alternate continuity story Curse of the Cat-Woman.
- Kyphosis, which is spinal curvature either forward or back, is distinct from scoliosis -- curvature to the side. Hundreds of millions of people have either or both kinds of spinal curvature. However, good health care in developed countries today means that most people in these countries have much less severe spinal curvature than Harold. Harold's condition is suggestive of genetic bone weakness, or very bad nutrition since infancy, or many years of harsh labor and lifting heavy objects without medical aid, or all three. Historians recognize that very bad spinal curvature was common among those who did heavy labor in medieval times.
- 41 Appearances of Harold Allnut (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Harold Allnut (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Harold Allnut (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Harold Allnut (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.