Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Harold Allnut was originally a henchman for the Penguin, who forced him to construct various doomsday devices. Later, Batman saved Harold and let him live in the Batcave where he formed a friendship with Ace the Bat-Hound and Bruce's butler Alfred Pennyworth.
When Jean-Paul Valley assumed the role of Batman, Harold and Ace were the first to see that he was out of control and they avoided him, hiding deep within the cave. Harold and Alfred helped repair the Batcave after one of Jean-Paul's destructive rampages and he later assisted in the reconstruction of Gotham City during the "No Man's Land" affair.
Some time later, the villain known as Hush bribed Harold into manipulating the Bat-Computer in exchange for a surgical procedure that corrected Harold's stature and enabled him to speak. Batman soon discovered that Harold had betrayed him, and during the confrontation, Hush used a sniper rifle to shoot Harold in the head, killing him.
Following his death Batman forgave Harold as he understood his desire to be normal and have what he has always wanted. He later buried him on a hill overlooking Wayne Manor.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Harold was a veritable genius in the field of auto mechanics, and proved vital when Batman required repairs on the Batmobile or other technological devices located inside the Batcave.
- Kyphosis: Kyphosis, which is spinal curvature either forward or back, is distinct from scoliosis -- curvature to the side. Hundreds of millions of people have either or both kinds of spinal curvature. However, good health care in developed countries today means that most people in these countries have much less severe spinal curvature than Harold. Harold's condition is suggestive of genetic bone weakness, or very bad nutrition since infancy, or many years of harsh labor and lifting heavy objects without medical aid, or all three. Historians recognize that very bad spinal curvature was common among those who did heavy labor in medieval times.
- Harold's only known relative was his unnamed mother, who appears in flashback during the events of No Man's Land and angrily tells her son she never wants to see him again.
- Harold's surname, Allnut, was revealed for the first time in Batman #619, when it was seen on his grave marker.
- Harold was buried on a hill overlooking Wayne Manor.
- Harold is the creator of an animation program that was analogous to the real TV series Batman: The Animated Series.
- 45 Appearances of Harold Allnut (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Harold Allnut (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Harold Allnut (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Harold Allnut (New Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.