|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
Harry Christos hailed from the planet Angor. Gifted with the power of Super-Speed, he joined with several other like-minded heroes and founded the Assemblers. The team's mortal enemies were the sociopath villains the Extremists who sought to destroy the world through nuclear Armageddon. The Assemblers fought against the Extremists, but Captain Speed, along with his teammate the Bowman, perished during the conflagration.
- In Justice League Europe #16, Blue Jay refers to Christos as Johnny Quick, not Captain Speed. It is the only known occurrence where he has gone by this name.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Captain Speed was created as a pastiche of Marvel Comics' Quicksilver.
- 4 Appearances of Harold Christos (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Harold Christos (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Harold Christos (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Harold Christos (New Earth)