Harvey Bullock was a detective with a long career - and a file at Internal Affairs that was about as lengthy.
Bullock was one of the many people in Gotham that did not approve the presence of Batman. On a given chance, Bullock tried to put the police force against Batman for crimes he did not commmit, but was proven wrong when Batman captured the responsible for the crimes, Man-Bat.
Bullock was the target of some criminals in Gotham. He was kidnapped by Joker, and later by H.A.R.D.A.C., who created a robot duplicant of Bullock; sought by Killer Croc, who wanted revenge against Bullock, and also by Nivens, his landlord.
During a gang bust, Bullock's recklessness cost the GCPD the chance to capture an apprehend a wanted gang. Afterwards, during a hearing from the Internal Affairs department, Bullock placed the blame for the failure on Batman, despite that the two versions of the other officers involved were the opposite to his version. As a result, Bullock and the others were suspended from service. However, thanks to Officer Montoya, Bullock was reinstated after the capture of the gang.
Harvey was part of the team lead by Commissioner Gordon to provide police protection to possible victims of the Joker. After they were unable to prevent the second attack, Bullock deduced the location of Joker's hideout, but he tried to capture the madman by himself. Bullock ended up captured and he was almost killed by Joker when he was thrown into a water tank with a shark. Bullock was saved by Batman and afterwards Bullock arrested the Joker's gang.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Harvey Bullock. The original character was created by Archie Goodwin and Howard Chaykin and first appeared in Detective Comics #441.
- Harvey Bullock was voiced by Robert Costanzo.
- 84 Appearances of Harvey Bullock (DCAU)
- 10 Images featuring Harvey Bullock (DCAU)
- 8 Quotations by or about Harvey Bullock (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Harvey Bullock (DCAU)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.