- Who... What am I? I'm not a man! I'm half a man... beauty and the beast... good and evil! I'm a living Jekyll and Hyde!
- -- Two-Face src
Originally one of the most dedicated and committed attorneys, Harvey "Apollo" Kent was assigned to handle the murder case of mob boss "Boss" Moroni. However, during the trial, Maroni threw sulphuric acid in Kent's face, horribly scarring his left hand and the left half of his face. Kent's current fiancée, Gilda, left him due to his disfigurement and Kent, unable to accept the loss of his own personal beauty, sank into despair, allowing fate to determine if he was to rise above his disfigurement or sink into it. Kent scarred one side of Maroni's two-headed coin and decided to let fate decide in the form of the dual headed coin decide on whether he acted for good or evil in any situation. This led to a crime spree and acts of good, that kept people confused about Kent, who was calling himself now Two-Face. Eventually, Batman tried to stop Two-Face allowing him to take control of his life and work on the side of the law once again. However, Kent's fate was determined by the coin and heeding its advice, he continued his life of crime. After a few successful hits, Two-Face was finally apprehended by Batman after he was double-crossed by a member of his gang.
After a short period of time as a criminal mastermind Kent overcame his insanity after accidentally shooting his former fiancée, Gilda.  Kent surrendered himself to Batman and underwent trial. Hearing of an experimental corrective "plastic" surgery that was developed by Dr. Ekhart, a brilliant plastic surgeon that could recover his skin coloring and structure, Kent agreed to undergo the procedure. Kent's face and hand were finally repaired through the efforts of Dr. Ekhart. The surgery was completely successful and Kent left behind his criminal practices, resuming his career as lawyer.
Some time later, Kent started dreaming about Two-Face at the same time as the criminal made a comeback and baffled the authorities with crimes. Batman and Robin investigated the case and discovered that the new Two-Face wasn't Kent, but his butler Wilkins, who impersonated Two-Face to commit crimes and lay the responsibility over Kent. His plan failed as he was captured by Batman and Kent's name was cleared.
Some time after, Kent was again involved with a Two-Face impersonator, this time it was a man called George Blake, who started a criminal spree disguised as Two-Face, hoping to get the blame on Harvey Kent. Batman investigated the case and captured Blake, clearing Harvey's name once again.
- Law: Kent was an accomplished lawyer and an extraordinary District Attorney.
- Leadership: Both as law enforcer and criminal, Kent was able to impose his authority over his peers.
- This version of Two-Face, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 14 Appearances of Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
- 4 Images featuring Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
- 6 Quotations by or about Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."