|Real Name||Harvey Kent|
|Relatives||Gilda Kent (wife, deceased)|
|Affiliation||Gotham Police and Batman Family of Earth-Two|
|Base Of Operations||Gotham City|
|Occupation||Lawyer, District Attorney|
|Creators||Bob Kane, Bill Finger|
|First Appearance||Last appearance|
- Who... What am I? I'm not a man! I'm half a man... beauty and the beast... good and evil! I'm a living Jekyll and Hyde!
- -- Two-Face src
Originally one of the most dedicated and committed attorneys, Harvey "Apollo" Kent was assigned to handle the murder case of mob boss "Boss" Moroni. However, during the trial, Maroni threw sulphuric acid in Kent's face, horribly scarring his left hand and the left half of his face. Kent's current fiancée. Gilda left him due to his disfigurement and Kent, unable to accept the loss of his own personal beauty, sank into despair, allowing fate to determine if he was to rise above his disfigurement or sink into it. Kent scarred one side of Maroni's two-headed coin and decided to let fate decide in the form of the dual headed coin decide on whether he acted for good or evil in any situation. This led to a crime spree and acts of good, that kept people confused about Kent, who was calling himself now Two-Face. Eventually, Batman tried to stop Two-Face allowing him to take control of his life and work on the side of the law once again. However, Kent's fate was determined by the coin and heeding its advice, he continued his life of crime. After a few successful hits, Two-Face was finally apprehended by Batman after he was double-crossed by a member of his gang.
After a short period of time as a criminal mastermind Kent overcame his insanity after accidentally shooting his former fiancée, Gilda.  Kent surrendered himself to Batman and underwent trial. Hearing of an experimental corrective "plastic" surgery that was developed by Dr. Ekhart, a brilliant plastic surgeon that could recover his skin coloring and structure, Kent agreed to undergo the procedure. Kent's face and hand were finally repaired through the efforts of Dr. Ekhart. The surgery was completely successful and Kent was able to mentally heal from his previous criminal practices. After a period of time, Kent was pardoned of his insanity and allowed to resume his duties as Attorney District of Gotham City.
After being cured of his insanity, some years later Kent would plead with and fail to redeem the second Two-Face of Earth-Two, former actor Paul Sloane who found his true calling as the criminal over his original failed identity. Kent would successfully prosecute the second Two-Face on several occasions after the second Two-Face would be arrested by Batman in his excessive criminal acts. Kent would eventually retire to family life marrying Gilda in his later years.
- Law: Kent was an accomplished lawyer and an extraordinary District Attorney.
- Leadership: Both as law enforcer and criminal, Kent was able to impose his authority over his peers.
- Mental Illness (formerly)
- This version of Two-Face, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 9 Appearances of Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
- 6 Images featuring Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
- 4 Quotations by or about Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Harvey Kent (Earth-Two)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."