|Affiliation||House of El|
|Creators||E. Nelson Bridwell, Curt Swan|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
Hatu-El was a native of the planet, Krypton, and ancestor of the Earth-based super-hero known as Superman. Like many esteemed members of the noble House of El, Hatu-El was a scientist and gained recognition for his contributions in the field of electrical theory. His discoveries paved the way for the invention of the electric motor and the electromagnet. The mineral Hatuar, a combination of Magnesium, Silicon and Oxygen is named after him. A statue commemorating Hatu-El was erected inside the El family vault on the planet, Rokyn.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Hatu-El possessed no superhuman powers while living under a red sun. Had he existed on a world revolving around a yellow sun, he would have developed physical attributes equitable to that of Superman. Hatu-El was an intuitive thinker and an accomplished inventor.
- This version of Hatu-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Hatu-El's final fate has never been revealed, but it is reasonable to assume that he passed away of natural causes long before the ultimate destruction of Krypton.
- 1 Appearances of Hatu-El (Earth-One)
- Images featuring Hatu-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Hatu-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hatu-El (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: