|Hawk, Son of Tomahawk|
|Real Name||Hawk Haukins|
|Current Alias||Hawk, Son of Tomahawk|
|Aliases||Son of Tomahawk|
|Relatives||Tom Hawk (father); Moon Fawn (mother); Wise Owl (uncle); Grey Elk (grandfather); Small Eagle (brother)|
|Base Of Operations||Echo Valley, American midwest|
|Universe||Earth-Two, New Earth|
|Creators||Robert Kanigher, Frank Thorne|
Hawk was born in the year 1800, the child of an Indian woman, Moon Fawn, and her husband, the famed frontiersman, Tom Hawk, aka, Tomahawk. Hawk grew up in an isolated cabin with his parents in the midwestern town of Echo Valley.
Unlike his celebrated father, Hawk was contemptuous of violence, particularly as it related to racial relationships and brutality between Native American tribes and white men.
Tomahawk trained Hawk in all of the skills required to survive in the wilderness including, hunting, fishing and trapping. He also taught him how to handle himself in a fight. Although Hawk was more than capable of getting himself out of scrapes, it didn't prevent his father from lending him a hand on occasion.
Hawk carved out his own legend during the early years of the 19th century. He developed a close friendship with another young fighter known as Firehair.
By the 1870s, Hawk, well into senescence, was still engaging in various adventures across the Midwest and the Southwestern United States. Hawk and Firehair assisted several younger frontier fighters such as Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Johnny Thunder, Madame .44 and Super-Chief against the villainy of Black Bison as well as that of his outcast, elderly uncle, Wise Owl. During this adventure, Hawk also had an encounter with the time-lost Earth elemental Alec Holland. The Swamp Thing's essence was temporarily bound to this time period until Hawk used the Claw of Aelkhünd (given to him years earlier by his father) to free him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Claw of Aelkhünd: Hawk possessed the mystical Claw of Aelkhünd passed down to him by his father who acquired it shortly before Hawk was born. In 1872, he used the power of the Claw to free the Swamp Thing and send him back through the timestream.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Tomahawk #131
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #86
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol 1 10
- 15 Appearances of Hawk Haukins (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Hawk Haukins (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Hawk Haukins (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hawk Haukins (New Earth)
- Hawk, Son of Tomahawk at dccomics.com
- Hawk, Son of Tomahawk at Wikipedia.org
- Hawk, Son of Tomahawk at DCU Guide
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: