The Hawk and the Dove was an ongoing comic book series published from 1968 to 1969. Due to poor sales however, the title was canceled after only six issues. The series' title characters, Hawk and Dove, made their introductory appearance in the 75th issue of the testing-ground series known as Showcase. After The Hawk and the Dove was cancelled, the two characters became regular members of the nascent super-hero group, the Teen Titans. They appeared semi-regularly in the Titans own book beginning with Teen Titans (Volume 1) #25 until the series conclusion with issue #52. Following their career with the Titans, Hawk and Dove drifted into limbo, making sparing appearances over the next years. They joined up again for one final adventure with one another in the pages of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Crisis signified the last appearance of Dove, but Hawk went on to star in two more revival books following his brother's tragic demise.
- The actual title for this comic book series was, The Hawk and the Dove, as opposed to the shortened, Hawk and Dove title used in later volumes.
- A fourth series entitled Hawk and Dove was published by DC Comics in 1997, but featured entirely unique characters, and had nothing to do with any of the previous volumes.
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #1
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #2
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #3
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #4
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #5
- Hawk and Dove (Volume 1) #6