- I know. I'm a pig, Kendra. I can't help it.
- -- Hawkman
Appearing in "Relic of War"
- Stonechat Museum
- Le Lion D'or
Synopsis for "Relic of War"
Kendra and Inspector Doucette enjoy an afternoon meal at Le Lion D'or in St. Roch. A man rushes in and tries to hold the place up, but Kendra disables him with a well-thrown serving tray. After the meal, Kendra and the Inspector part company and she returns home to the Stonechat museum. She reflects upon all of the craziness that has erupted in her life recently, and her mind drifts back to events that took place during the Rann-Thanagar War.
The following day, Danny Evans and she are inspecting several new exhibition pieces. She discovers a Canopic jar excavated from the tomb of Hath-Set (the priest who murdered the Hawks in their previous lives). Inside the jar is a Thanagarian Testament Pod.
Realizing that remnants of the Rann-Thanagar War will soon return to haunt her, she telephones Batman in the hopes of upgrading her armament. Batman refers her to a retired weapons-dealer living in St. Roch called the Mole. Kendra visits the Mole, who supplies her with a specially designed dart gun.
Meanwhile, the Tamaranean warlord, Blackfire, arrives on Earth. Seeking to destroy anything and everything remotely related to Thanagar, she seeks out Kendra Saunders. Hawkgirl and Blackfire battle one another in the skies over St. Roch. Born aloft upon Carter's old Nth Metal wings, Blackfire unleashes a volley of Starbolts, incapacitating Hawkgirl.
- This issue contains a flashback which takes place after the events chronicled in Infinite Crisis Special: Rann-Thanagar War #1.
- This issue is the first appearance of Hawkgirl's dart gun.
- Unlike other Tamaranians, Blackfire cannot fly under her own power, which is why she is forced to use Thanagarian wings for aerial combat.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hawkgirl Vol 1 59 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hawkgirl series
- Images from Hawkgirl Vol 1 59
Links and References
- No external links.