Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Quest of the Immortal Queen!": Midway City is attacked by robot Viking Frost Giants commanded by Alvit Queen of Alfheim, a legendary Valkyrie astride a winged horse, who directs birds to attack Hawkgirl, while Hawkman deals with the giants. This is Alvit's test to see if he is worthy of being h
- I am real, darling! And as for you, Queenie-- Hands off my Husband!
- -- Hawkgirl
Appearing in "Quest of the Immortal Queen!"
- Alvit, Queen of Alfheim (Single appearance)
- Alvit's Frost Giant robots (Single appearance)
- An unnamed Hawk Valley forest ranger
- Survivors of an inter-planetary nuclear war
- Alvit's unnamed husbands
- Winged horses
- Midway City
- St. Martin's Land (Deep Within the Earth) (Flashback only)
- Hawk Valley Forest
- Medieval War-Mallet
- Alvit's Golden Bugle
- Futuristic Laser Rifles
- Thanagarian Star Cruiser
- The Norse Air Boat 'Naglfar'
Synopsis for "Quest of the Immortal Queen!"
Midway City is attacked by robot Viking Frost Giants commanded by Alvit Queen of Alfheim, a legendary Valkyrie astride a winged horse, who directs birds to attack Hawkgirl, while Hawkman deals with the giants. This is Alvit's test to see if he is worthy of being her new mate. Using a golden bugle, she spirits him through the Bifrost mists to Alfheim, a land inside the Earth. Fleeing there from the surface following a devastating nuclear war in the far future, the inhabitants have discovered immortality. Alvit had collected many champions from Earth's past previously, relegating each to suspended animation when she tired of him. Mentally compelled to try to win her, Hawkman is forced to test his worth, by fighting a mystically powered Viking ship sailing in a floating river. After this she tries to give him the kiss of immortality, but Katar fights her off by thinking of Shayera, who suddenly appears, having followed them. She frees her husband and they head for safety; Alvit awakens her former husbands and sends them in pursuit on winged horses. Hawkman and Hawkgirl fend them off with pre-nuclear weaponry until they find the exit to the past with their Absorbascon; they then seal off the past forever from Alvit's time-forays. Hawkgirl doesn't tell her husband that she turned off Alvit's mind-control before she appeared when Katar explains that he overcame it due to his love for her.
- This book was first published on February 8, 1966.
- Hawkman was last seen in the first story of Justice League of America #43; he is next seen in the first story of Justice League of America #44.
- Hawkgirl was last seen in the first story of Justice League of America #43; she is next seen in the first story of Hawkman #14
- George Emmett was last seen in the second story of Hawkman #10; he is next seen in the first story of Hawkman #15
- Big Red was last seen in the first story of Hawkman #5; he is next seen in the second story of Hawkman #17
Reprinted in Showcase Presents: Hawkman Vol. 2 TPB
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hawkman Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hawkman series
Links and References
- No external links.