"Fine Day for a Hangin'": In the 19th century, two famous outlaws come to St. Roch, Louisiana - Nighthawk and Cinnamon. Nighthawk meets James Craddock in a saloon and learns that Cyrus Evans, an ex-slave is going to be trie
- I got me a callin', though I confess it's called less o'late. I keep bad things from happening.
- -- Nighthawk
Appearing in "Fine Day for a Hangin'"
- Matilda Dunney Roderic
- Cyrus Evans (Single appearance)
- Graydon (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Fine Day for a Hangin'"
In the 19th century, two famous outlaws come to St. Roch, Louisiana - Nighthawk and Cinnamon. Nighthawk meets James Craddock in a saloon and learns that Cyrus Evans, an ex-slave is going to be tried for the murder of his former owner Bois Garvey. Evans is innocent however, and some suspect that Matilda Dunney, Garvey's niece may have killed him because he left his estate to Cyrus Evans. Matilda has gathered a lynch mob together ready to hang Evans on their own.
Nighthawk and Cinnamon share a passionate evening together before deciding to bust Cyrus out of prison. They break him free and load him onto a wagon. Nighthawk shoots his way to freedom and they take Cyrus to the Garvey estate. Evans turns the estate into the Stonechat Museum.
- Matilda Dunney is an ancestor of Kristopher Roderic.
- Cyrus Evans is the grandfather of Oliver Evans. It is revealed that Nighthawk is eventually murdered by Matilda Dunney. Cinnamon avenges Nighthawk's death but dies in the process.
- The Gentleman Ghost appears as James Craddock only.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hawkman Vol 4 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hawkman series
- Images from Hawkman Vol 4 7
- All-American Western
- All-Star Western (Volume 1)
- All-Star Western (Volume 2)
- All-Star Western (Volume 3)
- Frontier Fighters
- Jonah Hex (Volume 1)
- Jonah Hex (Volume 2)
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 1)
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 2)
- Western Comics
Links and References
- Hawkman at Wikipedia.org
- Hawkman Profile by Alan Kistler
- Hawkman Timeline
- Hawkfan Homepage
- Hawkworld at the DCU Guide
- Hawkman at TV Tropes