Liutenant Hector Sanchez was a the Chief of Police Detectives on a small town in Spain. He was the only son of Cardinal Ramirez, an old-fashioned priest who despised the sinful ways of the new generations and the mass media. Because of his father's influence, Sanchez became obsessed with the seven capital sins and he started murdering young priests in town while disguised in a monk robe.
Calling himself "The Inquisitor", Sanchez hired a dwarf hunchback as his assistant and together, they started murdering priests and making the crimes related to each of the seven deadly sins. His murder spree drew the attention of the American vigilante called Batman, who tried to stop Sanchez, but the latter was accidentally murdered by his own henchman in the final struggle.
- This version of Hector Sanchez (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Hector Sanchez (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Hector Sanchez (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Hector Sanchez (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hector Sanchez (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."