Helen Alexandros was a greek ballet dancer who was turned into the Silver Swan.
Helen was named after Helen of Troy, but she did not have much in common with her. She was plain looking and had terrible skin, which prevented her from becoming a prima ballerina.
Angered and desperate, she called out to the heavens for vengeance on men. The war god Mars answered Helen's call, transforming her into the beautiful, super powered Silver Swan, but would only make the change permanent if Helen agreed to kill Wonder Woman for him in return. Until then, the change would only ever last for an hour at a time).
By mere chance, Helen learned Wonder Woman's secret identity, and became a tenant in her Georgetown home. At first, she just tried to upstage Wonder Woman, but later, she teamed up with Doctor Psycho's ectoplasmic ally "Captain Wonder". They had the upper hand, but once Steve Trevor defeated Psycho and his Ectoplasmitron, Swan lost her ally and was quickly defeated.
The Swan disappeared, but resurfaced briefly months later and teamed with Captain Wonder, the Cheetah and Angle Man but was defeated again, this time by Lt. Etta Candy using Doctor Psycho's Ectoplasmitron to create a super powered alter ego for herself.
Finally, the Swan teamed up with Doctor Psycho himself in an elaborate scheme which saw the Swan transformed into a duplicate of Wonder Woman. Psycho wanted Wonder Woman as his mate and told the Swan that if she could deliver her, he would give her Captain Wonder as her own. When the Swan realized that Captain Wonder was not real however, she turned on Psycho and abandoned him. Psycho destroyed his own equipment (and himself with it) as an act of revenge, destabilizing the Swan's transformation and causing her to revert to human form several thousand feet above the Earth. Helen Alexandros apparently fell to her death while Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor flew away oblivious to her plight.
- This version of Silver Swan, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 8 Appearances of Helen Alexandros (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Helen Alexandros (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Helen Alexandros (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Helen Alexandros (Earth-One)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."