When Helena was nineteen-years-old, a tragic mishap claimed the life of her mother. Due to the efforts of a former henchman named "Silky" Cernak, a photograph emerged revealing Selina Kyle murdering a police officer during her Catwoman days. Anguished by this stain to her mother's memory, Helena adopted a costume in honor of both her parents and became the Huntress. She tracked down "Silky" Cernak and arrested him, leaving his unconscious body bound in a net outside of Police Headquarters. She learned that the photograph that Silky had in his possession was doctored and that her mother never actually killed anyone. With her mother's honor restored, Helena continued to fight crime as the Huntress formally joining her father's former ward Dick Grayson as his junior partner and later became a member of the revitalized Justice Society of America as well as that of Infinity, Inc..
Helena would continue in her costumed career as Huntress fighting alongside her mentor Grayson in various cases including Grayson's last case as the second Batman against the aging Joker, at seeming odds with Grayson against Per Degaton's time trap during the historic case against the Justice Society.
Together, the new Dynamic Duo were present at the battle at the "Dawn of Time" during the Crisis on Infinite Earths and thus survived the initial reformatting and erasure of their original Earth and its history. Locating the elder Earth-Two Grayson and discovering that they were now without a history of their own on this singular Earth, Helena like many of the former Earth-Two heroes rose up against the Anti-Monitor's shock force to defend the newly created Earth. It was during this first battle that she was injured and knocked unconscious by the Thunderers' attacks, which dropped rubble from a collapsing building on top of her. She was burned to death by the Thunderers along with Grayson and the former Teen Titan, Kole, who sought to shield her unconscious form. The three dead heroes' remains were discovered by the Earth-One Batman, Mary Marvel, and Jason Todd. Wayne and Grayson were buried at Valhalla Cemetery. 
- Archery: The Huntress was an expert marksman with a crossbow.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): In the prime of her costumed crime-fighting career, Helena Wayne was in peak physical condition and possessed great agility, and was extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat.
- Law: Graduating top of her class and class valedictorian from Harvard University at age twenty-one, Helena Wayne was an expert in all areas pertaining to civil and criminal law.
- Mini-Crossbow: The Huntress employed a miniature crossbow, which she usually fastened to the side of her boot, as well as various explosive devices.
- This version of Helena Wayne (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The New Earth version of her character had her first post-Crisis costume modeled after that of Helena Wayne's.
- Two different sources are often cited as the first appearance of the Huntress. Her origin appearance takes place in flashback in DC Super-Stars #17, but her first physical appearance is in All-Star Comics #69, which was released the same month as DC Super-Stars #17.
- 121 Appearances of Helena Wayne (Earth-Two)
- 14 Images featuring Helena Wayne (Earth-Two)
- 3 Quotations by or about Helena Wayne (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Helena Wayne (Earth-Two)
- Huntress at dccomics.com
- Huntress (Helena Wayne) at Wikipedia.org
- Huntress (Helena Wayne) at DCU Guide
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
Justice Society of America member