Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
|Real Name||Helena Wayne|
|Aliases||Helena Bertinelli, Robin, Famine|
|Relatives||Bruce Wayne (father, deceased), Selina Kyle (mother, deceased), Thomas Wayne (grandfather, deceased); Martha Wayne (grandmother, deceased)|
|Affiliation||Wonders of the World; formerly Batman|
|Base Of Operations||Earth-2; formerly Prime Earth|
|Place of Birth||Gotham City|
|Creators||Paul Levitz, Marcus To|
Helena fought alongside her father as Robin. During her father's final moments she defended him from the Batplane by firing upon attacking Parademons. She witnessed his death when the tower he was inside exploded. She and her best friend Supergirl entered a Boom Tube in pursuit of someone they thought was Darkseid, and ended up in another universe.
Helena appears in Italy to combat the local mafia after hearing their role in recent kidnappings and slave trading. After doing some minor heroics to an effort to show off, flex and investigate she meets and enjoys the company of two journalists, Allesandro and Christina. Due in part to their reports and her own stolen police reports she tracks down a man called Moretti, who takes kidnapped women for slaves and sells them to the highest bidder.
Robbing Moretti of his fresh cargo and exploding his shipments, Huntress is forced to kill on a few occasions where she's put to the test and had no choice. Unabated she continues her mission to shut down Moretti and his new allies over the bored of Italy. The Chairman and Moretti ally to take down their combined threat and devise a plane to lure Huntress into their turf to finish her.
Failing to trick the Huntress, Moretti is killed by her after he fails to make amends for the women he's harmed. Setting her sights on the Chairman and his son, Huntress continues through Italy chasing the last link in the chain of the mafia's extended connections. Finally, she finds the Chairman and takes him out of commission to which she uses this knowledge to manipulate the son. Telling him that he must leave Italy, return the women to their homes and never accost them or he would end up like his father.
Huntress returns to New York City where she runs into trouble with the local police officers who try to stop her plane from letting her off. Almost forced to shoot directly at the officers, Huntress is saved by her friend Supergirl, now using the name Power Girl. The two share a few sorted words before they remark how they should ally once again to better each other's lives.
Eventually Helena and Kara found their way back to Earth 2, where she was united with her grandfather Thomas Wayne, who was now going under the identity of Batman.
- Resistance to Poison: Helena has a high hereditary immunity to all sorts of poison according to her father. 
- Peak Human Condition: Huntress works hard to keep her body in peak physical condition, using a training regimen installed by her father.
- Archery: Huntress carries her trademark crossbows on her at all times.
- Criminology: Helena grew up in a criminal environment which she was introduced to first as Robin then as Huntress.
- Driving: Huntress is an effective driver, able to her own motorcycle at varying degrees of above-average driving situations (being shot at, accelerating to high speeds and over semi-separated bridges).
- Martial Arts: Huntress is very much a street fighter, honing her skills in martial arts. One of the first steps on her adventuring career was to learn and enhance her fighting style. She learned various disciplines of martial arts.
- Investigation: Her father has mentioned Huntress's prowess during investigation situations. Following in his footsteps, she's one of her world's most prolific investigators.
- Marksmanship: Training with Batarangs and bolts from her crossbows, Huntress has had years of training which has drastically improved her accuracy.
- Multilingualism: She can speak both English and Italian fluently.
- Stealth: Huntress can be very stealthy when she needs to. With her specially outfitted suit and various toys in her utility belt she can sneak into a facility and learn whatever information she desires although she sometimes prefers to fight her way in.
- 91 Appearances of Helena Wayne (Earth 2)
- 61 Images featuring Helena Wayne (Earth 2)
- 18 Quotations by or about Helena Wayne (Earth 2)
- Character Gallery: Helena Wayne (Earth 2)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
Wonders of the World member
|Power Girl Supporting Cast |