Dr. Jace was the royal scientist in Markovia. After the death of King Markov, the revolution in the nation turned to agressive combat and Dr. Jace used experimental science to give Brion Markov, the youngest son of the King, super-powers similar to that of his half-sister, Terra. Jace had hoped that Brion's powers would save them from the armed enemies, but her laboratory was soon discovered and she was taken prisoner while Brion was apparently killed.
Jace was subsequently taken by Baron Bedlam's forces and she was rescued by Metamorpho, who needed her knowledge to find a cure for his condition. When Jace learned that Brion was not dead, she decided to help Metamorpho and started working on a cure for the elemental man. In the meantime, Jace helped Rex get in touch with his love, Sapphire Stagg, but an uncalled attack by her father, Simon Stagg, killed Metamorpho. Dr. Jace took Rex back to the Outsiders, who decided to help revive their partner. Like this, Dr. Jace and Sapphire Stagg travelled along with the Outsiders to Egypt, where Metamorpho was revived by the meteor which first transformed him. Unfortunately, the second exposure to the meteor transformed him permanently and Jace had no more means to find a cure for him. Later, Dr. Jace helped Halo recover her lost memory using equipment from the destroyed Justice League Satellite.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 41 Appearances of Helga Jace (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Helga Jace (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Helga Jace (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Helga Jace (New Earth)
|Outsiders Villain(s) |