In 1943, the Nazi High Command sent scientist Helmut Streicher to the United States in order to design state of the art espionage tools for Nazi spies working in Washington, D.C.. One of Helmut's first inventions was a time-scanner. With it, he could view events destined to take place in the near future. Using his time scanner, Helmut learned that the Allied Forces would win a decisive victory over the Nazis on Normandy Beach on June 6th 1944. Helmut's foresight convinced him that this invasion would spell the beginning of the end for Nazi Germany. In the hopes of forestalling this inevitable future, Helmut designed a sophisticated battle suit and assumed the identity of the Red Panzer.
The Red Panzer developed a time-grappling device that could physically project himself and his flying Panzer-ship into the future. On his first attempt however, he actually crossed the dimensional barrier and arrived on Earth-One of the modern era. Almost immediately, he crossed paths with the heroine, Wonder Woman, and was astonished to see that she was "still alive" thirty years into his own future. After a brief altercation, the Panzer realized that this was in fact the dimensional counterpart to the Wonder Woman from his own era.
The Panzer activated his time-grappler, which pulled both Wonder Woman and himself back to the environment of 1943 Earth-Two. While Wonder Woman was disoriented, the Red Panzer escaped and made his way back to his lair. The time-lost Wonder Woman eventually found her 1943 duplicate, and together they faced Red Panzer ultimately defeating him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Red Panzer is a competent espionage agent and is skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
The Red Panzer possesses the strength level of a man his age, size and weight who engages in moderate regular exercise. When wearing his Panzer Armor, Helmut's strength level is greatly enhanced.
- Armor: The Red Panzer has an armored costume constructed of Panzer Metal, which not only protects him from offensive attacks, but conceals his identity as well. The armor derives its name from the claim that its structural durability is "stronger even than that of any panzer division".
- Time-Scanner: The Red Panzer uses a Time-scanner, which creates a visual aperture that reveals events taking place in the future. The range of the Time-scanner's viewing capabilities remain unknown, although the Panzer has used the device to determine that the Nazis lose World War II.
- Time-Grappler: The Time-Grappler is a device, which emits a beam of green energy. The energy pinpoints a specified target within the time stream, and retrieves it, bringing it back to a predetermined point in the timeline. The Red Panzer uses this device in order to transport himself to and fro throughout the timestream. Counter to its original design, the Time Grappler can also target people or objects from alternate realities. Anything caught within the energy beam's radius is instantly transported through time.
The Red Panzer makes use of his Panzer Ship, a custom-designed flying tank. The jet is constructed from the same Panzer Metal as his armor, rendering it virtually indestructable. The Panzer-ship is equipped with a drive system, which can travel across the time stream, as well as travel to alternate dimensions.
The gloves of Red Panzer's armor can fire small projectile missiles from the tips of each finger.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- A Panzer is actually a model of light tank common amongst the Nazi army during World War II.
- Red Panzer owns a pet cat named Friedrich.
- 12 Appearances of Helmut Streicher (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Helmut Streicher (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Helmut Streicher (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Helmut Streicher (New Earth)
- Red Panzer at dccomics.com
- Red Panzer at Wikipedia.org
- Red Panzer biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."