Henry's heart stopped when he and Nora were involved in a serious car accident. Although the motorist who was at fault, Jack Morgan, was able to revive him, Henry's astral form had left his physical body, and it was possessed by the Top. The villain posed as Henry for several weeks, with the ultimate goal of transferring his spirit to the body of Henry's superhero son. However, Barry feigned death, causing the Top to leave his father's body with no new host to go to, so that Henry's spirit could return to its rightful body.
- Henry's middle name "Paul" is given on his grave in Flash (Volume 2) #143, although Nora refers to him as "Thomas Henry Allen" in The Flash #348.
- The Flash: Rebirth series introduced a major retcon to the story of Henry Allen. See Henry Allen (New Earth) for his history following this retcon.
- This version of Henry Allen (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
Henry and Nora celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in The Flash Vol 1 257.
- 33 Appearances of Henry Allen (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Henry Allen (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Henry Allen (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Henry Allen (Earth-One)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.