|Real Name||Henry Hewitt|
|Aliases||The Human Reactor, Victor Hewitt|
|Base Of Operations||Washington, D.C.; Manhattan, New York|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||Gerry Conway, Pat Broderick|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
Henry Hewitt was the Chief Executive Officer of the Hewitt Corporation and a high level director in the 2000 Committee. He attempted to pressure U.S. Senator Walter Reilly into voting in favor of the Hewitt Industries Bill, which would effectively allow Hewitt Industries unequaled control of the Energy market. When Reilly refused Hewitt's demands, Hewitt kidnapped the senator's daughter Lorraine and experimented on her to duplicate the nuclear accident that created Firestorm. This experiment transformed Lorraine into Firehawk, whom Hewitt brainwashed to eliminate Firestorm. Hewitt then performed the same experiment on himself and forging a atomic containment suit that he wore and dubbed himself Tokamak. He fought Firestorm and the freed Firehawk and apparently died when his suit was breached and causing a build-up of energy to explode.
Years later, however, Tokamak was revealed to have survived by creating a series of clones of himself in which he merged with them to prolong a terminal disease as the result from his powers. He took the identity of Victor Hewitt in order to inherit his company, and bedeviled the recent Firestorm Jason Rusch from behind the scenes while conspiring to create nuclear meltdowns across the Earth to empower himself. He is ultimately stopped by Firestorm, Firehawk, Mikhail Arkadin, and Gehenna, and was finally killed when Tokamak was separated from his clone by Firestorm.
- According to Firestorm (Volume 3) #29, Henry Hewitt was born on August 6th, 1945 - the day of the Hiroshima nuclear bombing. His codename in that volume was spelled as "Tokomak", presumably by mistake.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 10 Appearances of Henry Hewitt (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Henry Hewitt (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Henry Hewitt (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Henry Hewitt (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Firestorm Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Firestorm and any of his supporting cast or members of the Firestorm Matrix. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Firestorm Villains category."