Henry Meke was the owner of a small private museum in Gotham City. His museum contained past items of great relevance such as Robin Hood's longbow, Merlin's hat and even the Hammer of Thor. During an electric storm, a thunderstruck hit the Hammer and also affected Meke, who suddenly transformed into a similar version of the Norse mythological figure of Thor. Using his newfound strength, Meke started a crime spree as Thor and he couldn't be stopped by Batman and Robin. Instead, the Dynamic Duo investigated the origin of this figure and learned of Meke's accident. Batman then tricked Thor into throwing the Hammer to a fuse box, which caused the electricity to remove the magnetic charge of the Hammer and returned Meke to his normal state. Meke then revealed that he was not in control of his actions when he was transformed, and so he was spared for all his crimes.
After this incident, Meke's musem became notorious and his business started to grow.
- Transformation: During thunderstoms, Meke would often transform into the mythological god, Thor.
- This version of Thor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Henry Meke (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Henry Meke (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Henry Meke (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Henry Meke (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."