Hephaestus, whom the Romans call Vulcan, is the god of Fire and the Forge. He is a member of the Olympians, a extra-dimensional race once worshipped as a deity by the people of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. He is the patron of technology, blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, sculptors, metals, metallurgy, fire and volcanoes. He is the son of Zeus the king of the gods and his wife Hera.
He was born on Mount Olympus but was thrown off by his mother due to his deformed features, Hephaestus lived with water nymphs near the island of Lemnos. Due to appearance in the eyes of the Olympians his father Zeus arranged a marriage with Aphrodite the goddess of love and beauty.
Hephaestus is a smith and weapons-maker, best known for creating Zeus's thunderbolts. He also crafted Wonder Woman's weapons and armor such as the Gauntlets of Atlas, the Sandals of Hermes and the Bracelets of Submission.
- This character is an adaptation of Hephaestus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 36 Appearances of Hephaestus (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Hephaestus (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Hephaestus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hephaestus (New Earth)
- Hephaestus at dccomics.com
- Hephaestus at Wikipedia.org
- Hephaestus at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: