Hera is the queen of the Olympian Gods. She is a member of the Olympians, an extra-dimensional race once worshiped as deities by the people of Ancient Greece. She is the Goddess of Marriage and Women, and the wife and older sister of Zeus, the King of the Gods. She is the mother of many gods and goddesses, such as Ares and Hephaestus. Hera is often at war with Zeus because periodically, Zeus would disguise himself as a human and father children with mortal women. Hera has mentioned that for the most part, she only acts out of her love for Zeus, or because he betrayed her love.
Hera, along with the other goddesses, decided to create the Amazons from the souls of women who had died at the hands of men, and were given new and stronger bodies, made from clay transformed into flesh and blood. These Amazons escaped Hercules and his men to an isolated and magically protected island, this one called Themyscira, after their homeland was destroyed. The were ruled by their Queen Hippolyta. In this new land, they were granted eternal youth and beauty. Some Amazons chose to remain behind, however, and, lacking immortality, formed the hidden nation of Bana-Mighdall.
Birth of Diana
When Hippolyta began to wish for a child of her own, she prayed to the gods and they responded. Hera told her to travel to the sea shore and mold a baby with the island's clay. Hippolyta, in her past life, was was a pregnant cave-woman who was killed by her mate. The goddesses placed the soul of this unborn child into the clay body of the infant. The child was brought to life and Hippolyta named the child Diana. When she reached adulthood, Princess Diana became the hero Wonder Woman. Each of the goddesses blessed her with powers, making her into the most powerful of the Amazons.
- Metamorphosis: Olympians can alter their physical form (or others) into any shape that they can choose.
- Dimensional Travel: Besides travel between Olympus and Earth realms, the Olympians can use their powers can affect the Earth directly from Olympus or send artifacts to Earth.
- Power Distribution: Olympians can bestow a portion of their power unto others.
- Telepathy and Illusion Casting: Hera can mentally communicate with her worshippers, transmitting her image at interdimensional range, and possibly can do the same to any other intelligent being.</ref>
- This character is an adaptation of Hera, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 57 Appearances of Hera (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Hera (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Hera (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hera (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: