Whether this version of Hercules is the same being as the legendary Greek demigod, or whether he originated in an alternate reality remains unknown. However, this hero operated on Earth at some point during the mid-20th century.
The "20th Century Hercules" was a clean-shaven red-head who wore a leopard-skin loin cloth. He often teamed up with legendary strongman Samson, and once the two helped Superboy protect an ancient cave allegedly filled with vast treasure. With the conclusion of this adventure, Hercules returned to his native time era in ancient Greece.
He was later propelled forward through time, due to the machinations of Lex Luthor. Hercules met Clark Kent, now an adult, who helped him adjust to modern society. First, by getting him a suit, then a job at the Daily Planet and by suggesting he adopt the name, Roger Tate. When Hercules fell in love with ace reporter Lois Lane, this led to a rivalry between himself and Superman.
- Superhuman Strength: Hercules possesses a strength level far in excess to normal human beings. Although the full limits of his strength level are unknown, it is believed that Hercules is one of the strongest beings on the planet Earth.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hercules can sustain prolonged physical activity without tiring. This proved vital to him during the fabled Twelve Labours of Hercules.
- This character is an adaptation of Hercules, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 4 Appearances of Hercules (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Hercules (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Hercules (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hercules (Earth-One)
Daily Planet Staff member