"SNAFU is Back in Town": At 9:07 Microwavabelle brings her children to work as they have no school and she couldn't get a babysitter. As such, she is assigned to show new employee Terry Carbone, a.k.a. Lightning Eyes, around the office on his first day.
Appearing in "SNAFU is Back in Town"
- Mrs. Culligan
- Alberto Rosario (Single appearance)
- Mrs. Grimes-Burlingston (Single appearance)
- Maximilian Grimes-Burlington (Single appearance)
- Truffles (Single appearance)
- Red Mulrooney (Single appearance)
- Marla Mulrooney (Single appearance)
- Edward Mulrooney (Single appearance)
- Linda (Single appearance)
- Unnamed City
- Heroes Hotline Headquarters
- Culligan Residence, 13 Baxter Street
- Grimes-Burlington Residence, 15 Mansion Way
- Alberto's Television Studio
- Stock Exchange
- Albany Avenue Elementary School
- Microwavabelle's Suit
- Private Eyes' Lenses
- Voice-Over's Microphone/Speaker
- Pandora's Box
- Hotshot's Motorcycle
- Private Eye's Car
- Mister Muscle's Car
Synopsis for "SNAFU is Back in Town"
At 9:07 Microwavabelle brings her children to work as they have no school and she couldn't get a babysitter. As such, she is assigned to show new employee Terry Carbone, a.k.a. Lightning Eyes, around the office on his first day.
Because Mrs. Culligan has now been missing for "a full week", the Coordinator assigns Private Eyes to assist Voice-Over and Fred in finding her. Private Eyes identifies some dirty tracks which, with Soozie-Q's assistance, is identified as likely coming from a basement. Private Eyes uses his x-ray vision to find Mrs. Culligan. They go downstairs but quickly hide when they hear others approaching. Mrs. Culligan is approached by two young girls in Martian make-up who appear to be scheming her out of her money. Voice-Over and Private Eyes scare the two into thinking they're also being attacked by aliens and scare them off.
Mister Muscle gets a call, implied to be from Ralph Bartoli, where they decide to meet at eight p.m. to settle their differences out of court.
Stretch is assigned another cat stuck in a tree and also finds the cat's owner.
Diamondette gets a call from Alberto Rosario asking her to open Pandora's Box on national television later that morning. The Coordinator gives her the day off. At 10:30 she appears on the show and opens the box but the show is interrupted by a news announcement that super-villain SNAFU is causing havoc at the Stock Exchange. All available heroes converge and take on the villain. Voice-Over sneaks up behind SNAFU and uses his speakers' amplifiers to overpower SNAFU with noise that knocks him out.
Back on Alberto's show, it is revealed that Pandora's Box was empty.
The heroes return and Melanie arrives to take Private Eyes home to rest.
Stretch is assigned to rescue a child stuck in a well and manages to do that without most of his body leaving the office. After chastizing the parents and the media, Stretch also takes the rest of the day off. Voice-Over seems to have lost his voice implying he, too, will leave early.
At 8 p.m., Mister Muscle goes to meet Ralph and is almost struck by shadowy figure weilding a monkey-wrench. Mister Muscle disarms the person who runs away with Mister Muscle threatening him.
- There is no official story title so the title on the cover is used instead.
- The Coordinator states that Mrs. Culligan has been missing for a full week. The date of her known disappearance has been identified as the 16th making today's date the 23rd.
- Ralph Bartoli dies off-panel during the course of this issue. It is heavily implied that he is alive (as a shadowed figure) in the epilogue but it is later revealed that this is not him.
- Pandora's Box has markings similar to those adorning Wonder Woman's outfit.
- Alberto Rosario is a parody of Geraldo Rivera.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hero Hotline Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hero Hotline series
- Images from Hero Hotline Vol 1 3
Links and References
- No external links.