The Himalayas is a mountain range in Asia, separating the Indian subcontinent from the Tibetan Plateau. By extension, it is also the name of the massive mountain system which includes the Karakoram, the Hindu Kush, the Toba Kakar, and a host of minor ranges extending from the Pamir Knot.
In 1939, a hidden Himalayan valley, containing an isolated civilization, was discovered by the American aviator and explorer Captain Desmo. Desmo's "lost world" had Himalayan crocodiles and Himalayan giant cannibals. Desmo and his assistant, using only a machine gun and an improvised sling, wiped out the entire tribe of "Mudas" giants.
In the late 1930s, at the hidden Himalayan citadel of The Seven, two disciples of that mystic cult, young Richard Occult and Zator, confronted and defeated an extremely powerful and dangerous demonic entity called Koth.
In 1940, in the Himalayas, there was an uprising by Morro cannibal tribesmen, in which the village of Madeira was massacred. This uprising was quashed, almost single-handedly, by roving American newsreel photographer Flash Fulton.
In 1941, in the Himalayas, the Forbidden Temple of the Man-Eating Spider was found by the British magician Merlin, who killed everyone inside, including the spider-god Agor, and stole an extremely valuable diamond, before destroying the structure by magical means.
Points of Interest
- The secret temple of Ra's al Ghul's "Brotherhood of the Demon" was in the Himalayas. Ra's al Ghul had several Himalayan bases, and at least one of them contained a Lazarus Pit.
- Vandal Savage had a secret Himalayan base, in Nepal.
- Kobra also had at least one secret Himalayan base.
- The Manhunter Cult also had at least one secret Himalayan base.
- Grave of the Unknown Soldier of Victory
- Nanda Parbat
- American WWI-veteran Lee Travis, born circa 1902, spent "a few weeks" in Nanda Parbat during the 1920s. Time moves differently in Nanda Parbat, and when he returned to America it was several years later. In 1938, at the calendar age of 36 but physically much younger, Lee Travis, by then a newspaper publisher, adopted a secret vigilante identity as the Crimson Avenger.
- Batman has visited Nanda Parbat, and while there he learned the meditative technique for entering the state of Nirvikalpa Samadhi.
- ↑ Adventure Comics #36
- ↑ Adventure Comics #37
- ↑ More Fun Comics #15
- ↑ More Fun Comics #16
- ↑ Action Comics #9
- ↑ Smash Comics #12
- ↑ Hit Comics #7
- ↑ National Comics #13
- ↑ Batman #232
- ↑ Black Adam: The Dark Age #1
- ↑ JLA #85
- ↑ JSA #51
- ↑ Justice League of America #101
- ↑ Justice League of America #102
- ↑ Golden Age Secret Files and Origins #1
- ↑ Batman #663