The Hook, real name Matson, is a skilled assassin, so named because of his large gleaming hook for a left hand. He is a member of the League of Assassins and as such has crossed paths with the Batman Family. His most famous deed was his initiation into the League, by murdering the circus acrobat Boston Brand.
The Sensei declared the Hook a failure in murdering Boston Brand, not realizing that Boston did in fact die. Unbeknownst to the League, Boston had a twin brother named Cleveland, and it was he who was now performing the famous "Deadman" trapeze act at Hill's Circus.
As part of the Seven Men, Hook was summoned to Gotham City to retrieve the Suit of Sorrows from the Order of Purity, but he was easily defeated by the new Azrael. After Talia managed to stop Azrael for a moment, Hook and the others tried to take him to their headquarters, but Azrael recovered and stopped Hook by hitting him with a low blow.
Some time later, the Seven were sent back to Gotham to find and eliminate the reporter Vicki Vale, but they were confronted by several members of the Bat-Family. Hook was confronted by Man-Bat and after a long struggle, Hook was finally defeated.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 33 Appearances of Hook (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Hook (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Hook (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hook (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
League of Assassins member