"The Curse of the Crocodile!": A nazi officer who escapes to Rio finds himself transformed into a crocodile by an Arab curse.
- You all know what a crocodile is, don't you, kiddies? Maybe you've seen one at the circus, or at the zoo? Hmmmm? Cute, eh? Heh heh heh! One of my favorite animals! Which is why I simply love this terror-tale I call... The Curse of the Corcodile!
- -- Cain
Appearing in "The Curse of the Crocodile!"
- Heinrich Sturm (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "The Curse of the Crocodile!"
A nazi officer who escapes to Rio finds himself transformed into a crocodile by an Arab curse.
Appearing in "Pledge to Satan"
Synopsis for "Pledge to Satan"
A witch-finder locates a witch and wants her ability to turn lead into gold but she tells him that is beyond her powers. What she does have is a sack which produces one gold florin every time he repeats a spell. He thinks to himself that she will change the spell so that he must kill her, but then he considers her ghost would seek revenge. He asks her for a love potion and when she produces it for him, he uses it against her and turns her in to the town so that she may be burned. Since she is under her own spell she attempts to warn him about the gold spell before the flames take her life. He is too busy making gold florins to pay attention and after he falls asleep he wakes in an unfamiliar place and hears the movements of a large beast concealed in the dark. He strikes a torch and sees a cave opening that he goes into so he can hide from whatever is making the noise, but when he's inside he sees that can now read the sack inscription the doomed witch was warning him about. He realizes that he is inside the sack and the inscription says every time he utters the spell he will grow smaller. When he exits the sack his torch illuminates a hungry cat.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss House of Mystery Vol 1 219 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the House of Mystery series
Links and References
- No external links.