Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"A Rip in Time": In the present day, headlines proclaim a cure for cancer. However, it also poisons the blood against vampires. Luring Bennett to a pyramid that housed magic rings, Mary uses them to travel back to 1888. Bennett follows and is mistaken for [[Jack the Ripper (New Earth)|Jack the R
- Did you really think I wanted you again? I just used you to reverse the events of the future! You cannot stop me, you with your sentimental love of mankind! It is I who am stronger!
Appearing in "A Rip in Time"
- Dr. Jonathan Kelsey
- Mr. Crowley (Single appearance)
- Penny Bower (Single appearance)
- Allen Barr (Mentioned only)
- Cain (Host)
- Joseph Allen Barr (Single appearance)
- Kur-Alet (Flashback only)
- Lacey Bower (Appears only as a corpse)
Synopsis for "A Rip in Time"
In the present day, headlines proclaim a cure for cancer. However, it also poisons the blood against vampires. Luring Bennett to a pyramid that housed magic rings, Mary uses them to travel back to 1888. Bennett follows and is mistaken for Jack the Ripper. Fleeing, but weak from not feeding, he collapses and is taken in by Dr. Kelsey and Kelsey's assistant, Penny Bower. Dr. Kelsey gave Bennett a transfusion of his own blood. The doctors saved Penny from a life of prostitution. Bennett assists Kelsey with his medical work. When a newspaper arrives with a sketch of his face under the headline "Ripper Strikes Again!", Kelsey plans to prove to Scotland Yard that Bennett is not the Ripper.
Bennett recalls the article about Allen Barr, the inventor of the cancer serum, who was described as "the eminent Dr. Barr is the son of a Soho mother who, in her younger days, narrowly escaped becoming the victim of Jack the Ripper." He deduces that Mary's plan is to kill Barr's ancestor, preventing the cancer cure.
He convinces Penny to help him find Mary. They do, at a place called "Taylor and Holmes" - Penny's sister, Lacey, is apparently dead on the ground, a victim of Mary, posing as the Ripper. Bennett confronts her, but, as she tries to make her escape, Kelsey grabs her arm, revealing himself as the Ripper. Mary manages to escape, but Kelsey accidently stabs himself to death struggling with Bennett (as he turns into a bat). Two police officers appear, one revealed to be Office Joseph Allen Barr, Penny's future husband, and ancestor of Dr. Barr.
Appearing in "A Rift In the Veil"
Synopsis for "A Rift In the Veil"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Royal Blood"
Synopsis for "Royal Blood"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The identity of the Ripper is from Kelsey's confession, and may not actually be true. Or it may be. It's DC Comics, what do you want?
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss House of Mystery Vol 1 306 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the House of Mystery series
- Images from House of Mystery Vol 1 306
Links and References
- I... Vampire at Wikipedia.org
- I... Vampire at DCU Guide
- I... Vampire at Comic Book Database
- I, Vampire at IGN Comics