Human beings, humans or man are the predominant lifeform on Earth.
Humans are widespread in every continent except Antarctica, with a total population of 7 billion as of March 2012.
Humans are a race that evolved on the planet Earth. Although generally considered a backward and unintelligent species, certain humans began to play a prominent role in galactic affairs. The New Gods have long been fascinated with humans. Darkseid of Apokolips believes that humans have the Anti-Life Equation stored within their minds, while Highfather Izaya of New Genesis knows a prophecy that says Earth would see the rise of the Fifth World, and humans would play a vital part. The Guardian Ganthet claims that Earth is the most emotionally diverse and rich planet in the universe, most likely due to the humans.
What could be considered a sub-species of Humans are Metahumans, a term coined by the alien Dominators, and used to describe any human being with what are commonly described as "super powers". The prefix "meta-" simply means "beyond", describing persons and abilities beyond human limits.
There are roughly 1.3 million metahumans on Earth, 99.5% of which are considered "nuisance-level" (such as kids who can bend spoons with their mind and the old lady "who keeps hitting at Powerball"). The other 0.5% (6500) are what Checkmate and the O.M.A.C.s consider alpha and beta level threats. For example, Superman and Wonder Woman were categorized as alpha level, while Metamorpho was considered a beta. 
A term to describe a sub-race of magic-using humans in the DC Universe. According to Doctor Mist , the Homo magi evolved in a parallel but separate line, alongside Homo sapiens. Homo magi and Metahumans account for most of the superhuman abilities in the DC Universe.
Atlantean is the term generally applied to the collective groups of citizens who reside in the undersea continent known as Atlantis. Smaller, more distinctive subspecies such as the Tuatha De Danann refer to themselves simply by their tribe name, and do not typically refer to themselves as Atlanteans.
Powers and Abilities
Average Strength level
Habitat: Various, 71% ocean
Gravity: 1 g
Atmosphere: 77% nitrogen, 21% oxygen
Population: 6.7 billion
Type of Government: Various (dictatorship, democracy, monarchy)
Level of Technology: Various, but some highly advanced
Cultural Traits: Varies from highly compassionate and intelligent to extremly belligerent and illogical
Links and References