- Where there is no light, the fool sits in darkness; but the wise man feels carefully ahead!
- -- I-Ching src
I-Ching is a skilled martial arts expert and the last surviving member of an ancient sect. The monastery where he lives is hidden high in the mountains, they were created when men believed that magic and science are different. It was the sect belief that they are just two sides of the same coin. Over the centuries the monastery had collected a fortune in precious jewels gold and other such valuable objects. Doctor Cyber sent who agents to attack and plunder the fortune. The monks fought back but they had guns and were killed all except I-Ching who escaped but he was badly wounded.
I-Ching was tasked with training Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman when she surrendered her powers to stay in Man's World as her mother and her Amazon sisters relocated to another dimension. Diana now owns a mod boutique for an income and worked with I-Ching to improve her now powerless fighting skill. I Ching trained her body as a weapon, she learned martial arts and weapons skills.
The old master spent much time with Diana, travelling all over the world to stop Doctor Cyber, and later also Lu Shan, I-Ching's daughter. She had allied herself with Cyber to exact revenge for the death of her mother, and later struck out on her own.
I-Ching was murdered by a mad sniper, who was gunning down innocent people from his rooftop vantage point. I-Ching died in Diana's arms.
- Martial Arts: I-Ching is one of the preminent martial artists on the planet. He has combined many moves and elements from numerous martial arts including a few forgotten ones to create a combat form that matches his own strengths.
- Weapons Master: Through his martial arts training, he has become an expert on all melee weapons. I-Ching has displayed exceptional sword fighting capability and proficiency with knives, sticks and various other weapons.
- Tactical Analysis: I-Ching is very literate in body language. He can often predict what an opponent will do before they do it and better plan his attacks this way.
- Indomitable Will: I-Ching can control his nervous system enabling him to deaden his body to physical pain, control his emotions, and even his bleeding rate.
- This version of I-Ching (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 34 Appearances of I-Ching (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring I-Ching (Earth-One)
- 2 Quotations by or about I-Ching (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: I-Ching (Earth-One)
|Wonder Woman Family member|