Ignition first appeared when the Joker stole a portion of Mr. Mxyzptlk's power and shaped the world into his twisted image. It was first thought he was part of Emperor Jokers reality warp, but the Joker later states he cannot remember creating him. Joker introduces him as part of his new Joker League of Anarchy along side several other characters.
In Joker's word, "Sleek, black, power, baby, I could ride that Cadillac all night long". As well as Joker not remembering his creation Ignition has knowledge of the old universe not ruled by Joker, stating to Lois Lane that his "sovereign" will destroy Superman and that he is working for a higher power. Overall the impression is given that Ignition is not of Joker's universe. It later happens that Mr. Mxyzptlk made a deal with Ignition referring to him as "Clyde". The meaning of this is still unknown.
Ignition was later seen working under the criminal General Zod.
Ignition is an armored, living weapon. It is unclear if the armor is part of him or worn for protection. His true form has never been shown.
- Superhuman Strength: Ignition is an extremely powerful being who is able to engage is combat with being as strong as Superman. With his strength, Ignition can easily overpower and kill humans and other aliens like Kryptonians, and can bend and break through reinforced steel, and can lift extremely heavy objects, and uproot trees and buildings as well as decimate them with his raw power.
- Superhuman Durability: Ignition is almost completely resistant to all forms of physical and mental types of harm, and as such, bullets bounce off him, rockets, lasers and bombs won't leave a mark on him, and high-voltage energy emissions (beams) can't penetrate through his tough armor, and he can survive in space and can even operate while in the direct presence of space vacuums, vortexes and wormholes, and he doesn't require oxygen, water, or any form of nourishment to maintain himself, and he can only be harmed by high-tier superhuman beings like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel.
- Superhuman Stamina: Ignition can maintain continuous movement and can exercise for long periods of time without ever getting weary or tired in the process.
- Superhuman Speed: Ignition can react and maneuver faster than the healthiest, most fit human athlete. However, Ignition can't run or move nearly as fast as speedsters like Superman or the Flash.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Most surprising are his reflexes and speed for his bulked and built size.
- Super-Leaping: Ignition due to his extremely dense muscles in his legs, he can leaps miles at a time.
- Flight: Ignition is able to fly and maneuver as well as a Kryptonian. He is able to travel at fast speeds.
- While although his name is never stated, it is hinted in Superman (Volume 2) #161 that the identity of Ignition is General Zod (Avruiskin of Pokolistan). When battling Superman, Ignition referred to Superman as "Son of Jor-El" and demanded he kneel before him, but was interrupted by Bizarro before the signature phrase was fully spoken.
- 22 Appearances of Ignition (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Ignition (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ignition (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ignition (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."