- So, make any friends today?
- -- Max Mercury
Appearing in "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
Synopsis for "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
Bart bugsMax about what he has planned for the young boy's future. Max isn't very forthcoming, but emphasizes that Bart should attempt to behave like a normal teenage boy – without super-speed. He gives Bart the day's assignment. He is to go to school and make some friends.
As soon as he arrives at Manchester High however, things begin to go awry. First, he finds himself confronting a couple of school bullies. After a brief altercation, they tell him to meet them by the gym at 3:00 for a fight.
In the middle of the day, the Librarian gives his study hall students a project involving details concerning France. Rather than actually read the available books on the subject, Bart instead runs to Paris. He stops a thief known as the Fox from robbing a bank and even takes time to visit the Eiffel Tower.
Meanwhile, Max Mercury visits the local town library where he runs into a woman named Helen Claiborne. Helen becomes interested in Max, but Max acts nervously cold around her. He politely excuses himself and walks away.
Elsewhere, Bart races back to Manchester to find himself embroiled in several more accidental altercations. With each incident, a group of students threaten to beat Bart up after school. By 3:00, several cliques of teenagers gather around the football stadium. Everyone wants a chance to beat up the new kid. However, none of them are prepared to share the brutality with any of the other classmates. A large donnybrook ensues, with each student claiming his or her own special right to beat up Bart Allen. During the melee, Bart saunters over to the bleachers where he finds Max Mercury waiting for him. Bart obviously failed Max's assignment.
- Possible first appearance of Roland. There is a student seen in the school cafeteria who bears a resemblance to a boy named Roland. Roland will become one of Bart's closest friends.
- First appearance of Junior High student, Matt Mason. Matt's name will not be fully revealed until issue #4.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Impulse Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Impulse series
- Flash (Volume 2)
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- Young Justice
- Flash (Volume 2) Secret Files and Origins #1
- Young Justice Secret Files and Origins #1
- Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files and Origins (2003)
- Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files and Origins (2005)
Links and References
- Impulse at Wikipedia
- Impulse at DCU Guide
- Impulse series index at DCU Guide
- Impulse series index at the Grand Comics Database Project