The Titanians only communicate telepathically, having lost use of their vocal cords due to centuries of evolution.
As a result, Imra only "talks" by broadcasting her thoughts to her fellow Legion members. She is still able to read minds, but cannot express herself in spoken language, which puts her at a disadvantage in those situations where her telepathy is useless.
She is unable to probe shielded minds, and must concentrate to exert direct influence on an opponent's brain (such as disrupting an opponent's amygdala). Her mother, (a United Planets ambassador) seems more skilled than her daughter, able to instinctively sense when Imra is using her telepathy.
Imra engages in emotional isolation, and has a very serious, introverted demeanor. This may, in part, be caused by shame over her muteness, which she managed to keep secret from the Legion (with the exception of Lightning Lad) for quite some time. In fact, Lightning Lad seems to be the only one Imra feels comfortable opening up to.
Saturn Girl possesses the strength level of a woman her age, size and weight who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Mute: She can't speak though usual means either, which puts her in disadvantage in situations where telepathy is useless.
- Saturn Girl has no vocal cords.
- 45 Appearances of Imra Ardeen (Earth-Prime)
- 11 Images featuring Imra Ardeen (Earth-Prime)
- Quotations by or about Imra Ardeen (Earth-Prime)
- Character Gallery: Imra Ardeen (Earth-Prime)
- Saturn Girl at dccomics.com
- Saturn Girl at Wikipedia.org
- Saturn Girl at Legion World
- Saturn Girl at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes and 5th Legion of Super-Heroes series.|
Any official designation for the home universe for this character has not been given, and thus this page may have to be moved in the future.
Legion of Super-Heroes member