Inferno (Sandy Anderson of the planet Earth) was a former ally of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the future, but currently resides in the present day.
As depicted in the post-Zero Hour reimagining of the LSH storyline, Inferno is depicted as a rather bloodthirsty character who initially works for a group called the Workforce alongside Live Wire after he resigns from the Legion. As a member of the Workforce, she is shown killing opponents by immolating them, much to the chagrin of Legion members.
She was part of the Legion group who were sent to the 20th century by the Emerald Eye and, not feeling any affiliation to the Legion, elected to remain there when the others returned to the 30th century.
Inferno has not appeared in the original Legion continuity, although she may have been based on a character named Beauty Blaze who was created for the Legion of Super-Villains, but ultimately unused.
In Mark Waid's rebooted Legion, Inferno is a member of a group called the Wanderers, a "black ops" group of adult heroes who oppose the Legion because they won't take orders. The rebooted Inferno comes from Mercury, and has light-green skin.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Pyrokinesis: Inferno can generate and manipulate fire to burn or to fly.
- Legion Flight Ring: All Legionnaires were presented with a flight ring that enabled them to defy gravity and sustain movement through the air by aerodynamically generating force.
- The name "Sandy Anderson" was originally revealed under questionable circumstances in an illusionary world representing rural 50s America where, among other things, the characters' names were Anglicised to names which might have existed then (for instance, Querl Dox became "Earl Docks"). It was established to be her true name in the Inferno limited series.
- She is afraid of the dark.
- 40 Appearances of Inferno (Post-Zero Hour)
- 6 Images featuring Inferno (Post-Zero Hour)
- 2 Quotations by or about Inferno (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Inferno (Post-Zero Hour)
- Inferno (Post-Zero Hour) at Wikipedia.org
- Hero History: Inferno, by Matthew Peterson, at Major Spoilers.com
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Inferno (DC Comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with DC Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
Legion of Super-Heroes member
This is an in-universe article with out-of-universe material.