Appearing in "Infinite Crisis"
- Alexander Luthor (Earth-Three)
- Donna Troy
- Freedom Fighters
- Lois Lane (Earth-Two)
- Superboy (Conner Kent)
- Superman (Earth-Two)
- Secret Society of Super-Villains
- The Spectre
- Adam Strange
- Captain Comet
- Captain Marvel
- Gotham City Police Department
- Green Lantern Corps
- Guardians of the Universe
- Martha Kent
- Maxwell Lord (Dies in flashback)
- Prince Gavyn
- Ratcatcher (Dies)
- Teen Titans
- Titans of Myth (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Infinite Crisis"
On Earth, chaos erupts throughout most major American cities. OMAC units take control of human hosts and hunt down wanted criminals and renegade heroes. In Bludhaven, an OMAC targets and terminates Otis Flannegan, the Ratcatcher. Nightwing stands on a rooftop and looks towards the sky as hundreds of OMACs begin swarming over the city.
In the Polaris system, war rages between the citizens of Rann and the people of Thanagar. Members of the L.E.G.I.O.N. and the Green Lantern Corps are present, but the Corps members are lost without the guidance of the Guardians of the Universe. Guy Gardner volunteers to lead the Lanterns. The Guardians meanwhile, sequester themselves inside their citadel and analyze the situation.
Back on Earth, the untethered essence of the Spectre destroys the Rock of Eternity (New Earth). Captain Marvel plummets from the shattered remnants of the Rock and lands in Gotham City. Following in the wake of the Spectre, demons begin scouring across the chaotic streets.
Twenty miles south of Metropolis, the Freedom Fighters conduct a raid on an abandoned refinery. Upon entering the facility, the walk into an ambush set for them by the Society. The Society takes no prisoners and Black Condor, Phantom Lady and the Human Bomb are killed.
Back on Earth's moon, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman discover that Mongul has been hiding in the wreckage of the Watchtower. He pounces onto the heroes and begins fighting. Superman beats Mongul down and Wonder Woman is prepared to finish him off with her sword, but Superman catches the blade before it can strike. This leads into an even more intense argument between the three heroes. Mongul, barely conscious, takes advantage of their distraction and uses a JLA teleporter to escape.
Elsewhere, four beings watch the nightmares taking place on Earth and the Polaris Galaxy. One of them, the Superman from the destroyed reality known as Earth-Two, decides that he can no longer stand by and do nothing. He punches a hole through the crystal barrier separating their paradise dimension from the Earth reality and flies off. His companions, Alexander Luthor of Earth-Three, Superboy of Earth-Prime and his wife Lois Lane-Kent follow suit.
- This book was first published on October 12, 2005.
- This issue is reprinted in the Infinite Crisis hardcover and softcover collections.
- This issue was adapted in the Infinite Crisis novelization.
- This issue shipped with a 50/50 split between covers by George Pérez and Jim Lee.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Infinite Crisis Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Infinite Crisis series
- Images from Infinite Crisis Vol 1 1
- Infinite Crisis Crossovers
Links and References
- "Infinite Crisis" at Wikipedia
- Infinite Crisis series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Infinite Crisis series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- The Annotated Infinite Crisis
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.