An Intercompany Crossover is a comics event where different characters or teams belonging to different comics companies meet each other, breaking the laws of their own separate continuities. Such events are usually considered non-canon, although often events will occur where one party will remember the crossover, but not the other. Traditionally, only characters already displaying Cosmic Awareness seem to remember intercompany crossovers, such as Ambush Bug or the Joker.
Golden and Silver Ages
Perhaps the first relevant intercompany crossover occured in All-Star Comics Vol 1 3 Winter, 1940, where heroes from DC Comics and All-American Publications teamed up to defeat some villains as the Justice Society of America.
After All-American was absorbed by DC, there would be no further intercompany crossovers until the Bronze Age, when a certain web-slinger appears.
The first crossover between DC and Marvel characters was the treasury-sized edition of Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man in 1976. Taking placed in a shared continuity construct, the story found the two initially mistaking each other for bad guys (!), but teaming up to fight Luthor and Doc Ock.
- Batman/Tarzan: Claws of the Cat-Woman
- Batman/Aliens II
- Batman vs. Predator
- JLA Versus Predator
- Lobo/The Mask
- Superman/Aliens II: God War
- Superman vs. Predator
- Superman vs. The Terminator: Death to the Future
- Superman/Tarzan: Sons of the Jungle
- Superman and Batman versus Aliens and Predator
- SpyBoy/Young Justice
- Wonder Woman/Conan
- Archie Meets Batman '66
- Batman '66 Meets Steed and Mrs. Peel
- Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet
- Batman/Judge Dredd
- Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
- Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures
- Batman/The Shadow
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors
- Harley and Ivy Meet Betty and Veronica
- Justice League/Power Rangers
- Justice League of America/The 99
- Lobo/Judge Dredd
- Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy
- Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern
- Red Sonja/Claw
- The Rocketeer/The Spirit: Pulp Friction
- The Shadow/Batman
- Star Trek: The Next Generation/Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War
- Star Trek/Green Lantern: Stranger Worlds
- Star Trek/Legion of Super-Heroes
- Tiny Titans/Little Archie and His Pals
- Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman
Amalgam Comics was an imprint of DC Comics and Marvel Comics created after the DC Versus Marvel comics series. At the end of that series, the DC Universe and the Marvel Universe are combined. The two form the Amalgam Universe, where major characters from both companies are combined, creating characters such as Super-Soldier (Superman and Captain America) and Dark Claw (Batman and Wolverine).
The imprint ostensibly existed since the thirties. The imprint ended when the DC Universe and Marvel Universe were separated once more.
No Related Articles.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References