- One chance to give me some answers, Bird Lady... or I swear, you're in for one serious ass-kicking.
- -- Kyle Rayner
Appearing in "Torch Bearer, Part II of VI"
- Marissa Rochelle
Synopsis for "Torch Bearer, Part II of VI"
On Oa, Soranik Natu rushes to the aid of injured Green Lantern, Garmin Vid. Torquemada consults with Kilowog during the attack and informs him that Kyle Rayner was responsible for the destruction. Kilowog grows worried that yet another Green Lantern may have gone rogue. The Guardians of the Universe leave their temple to survey the damage. Ion is nowhere to be found. They tell the present Green Lantern members that Kyle Rayner is not to be sought out or aided in any way.
On Earth, the Thanagarian bounty hunter Tarra Karn presses her attack against Kyle Rayner. Kyle has no idea why a bounty has been posted on his head. After beating Tarra around, he interrogates her and learns that Kyle is wanted for the massive devastation in the Quinilan system. Kyle has no idea what she is talking about. He grows more and more angry and begins thrashing Karra about, disabling her Nth Metal wings in the process.
He then flies off towards Sector 3521 to survey the damage himself. The sea of debris comes as a great shock to him, and he flies further into deep space in a rage. Ion arrives on the planet Alytt in Sector 3503. An awesome rage continues to consume him and he falls deeper and deeper into despair. After wreaking more havoc, Kyle flies off towards the planet, Mogo.
- This book was first published on June 1, 2006.
- Kilowog's dialogue concerning another Green Lantern going insane is a reference to Hal Jordan, who became a victim of the Parallax entity in Green Lantern (Volume 3) #48.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback Ion: The Torchbearer
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ion Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Ion series
- Images from Ion Vol 1 2
Links and References
- Kyler Rayner article at Wikipedia
- Kyle Rayner biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe